Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Southwest Tuna and Black Beans

Sorry about the lack of post yesterday. I had to go out in the field for work, and was not near a computer all day. Now on to today's recipe :)

I happen to really enjoy heated up packaged tuna. I had always had it cold, but then fairly recently starting cooking with it. These tuna patties changed my ways. So when I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website, of course I had to try it out.

Southwest Tuna and Black Beans (Serves 4, 5 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 Anaheim chili, chopped, or 1/4 cup canned chopped chilies
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tblsp grated lime peel
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans (6 ounces each) white tuna in water, rinsed and drained

Directions:

1. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, chili and garlic in oil about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until onion is softened.

2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.

I really liked this recipe a lot. I think the lime zest and juice really made the dish, and gave the tuna an excellent flavor. And both the husband and I agreed that this would be delicious in a tortilla, or better yet, a pita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home