Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Roasted Vegetable Pasta

Pasta. I love it. The husband loves it. Everyone loves it...including my cat :) I try not to make too many pasta dishes, but sometimes you just need that pasta goodness. Whenever I'm looking for new recipes to try, I'm usually drawn to something with pasta in it. While glancing around the 3fatchicks site I found this:

Roasted Vegetable Pasta (4 servings at 5 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 medium zucchini, diced
1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. spaghetti or linguine
1/2 cup feta cheese

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 450*F. Put a large pot of water on to boil. In a large roasting pan or a large baking sheet with sides, toss zucchini, bell pepper and onion with 1 Tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast vegetables, stirring every 5 minutes, until tender and browned, about 5 or 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add roasted vegetables and toss well. Add additional salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with feta cheese.

I cut down the amount of oil that is used to roast the vegetables. I actually only used about 1/4 tablespoon of oil instead. I also didn't have any fresh basil on hand so I opted for ground basil. This recipe was really light and the feta cheese added a really nice tang to the dish. And this dish received a seal of approval from the husband and the houseguest as well :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home