Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, July 31, 2006

Thai Turkey Burgers

I happen to really enjoy flavors of the Asian persuasion. So if a recipe has an Asian flare, it usually catches my eye. I made these burgers and I'm in love!

Thai Turkey Burgers (Serves 6 at 3 points a piece including sauce)

Sauce:

Combine
2 tbsp RF peanut butter
2 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp water
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 garlic clove minced

Burgers:

1/2 c finely chopped green onions
1 tbsp chile paste with garlic
2 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup onion sprouts or alfalfa sprouts

Instructions

1. Prepare grill
2. For burgers, place ingredients in food processor and mix
3. Cook the burgers, top with sauce and serve with sprouts on a bun

Unfortunately, I didn't have any sprouts on hand, so I wasn't able to add those to the burgers. I also accidentally added 2 tbsp of soy sauce instead of 2 tsp to the burger mixture. But despite these small issues, the burgers were still delicious. The sauce was an excellent touch; I think I'm going to try to make a chicken satay with it as well. The husband and the houseguest both agreed with how tasty these burgers are. YUM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home