Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mexican Pizza

I remember when I was younger it was such a treat to get a mexican pizza from taco bell. I loved them so much. Then sadly enough, I moved on to different things and forgot about mexican pizzas all together. For some reason the other day I thought of them again, and decided to try my hand at making a lighter variation.

Mexican Pizza (1 pizza is 4 points)

1 flour tortilla
1/2 cup fat free refried beans
1 tblsp taco sauce
lettuce
1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
diced tomatoes

First, spread the refried beans on the tortilla, then drizzle the beans with the taco sauce. Cover with cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven until the pizza is warm and the cheese melted. Finally, top with lettuce and tomato.

I really enjoyed these pizzas. The warm beans and melted cheese were great. I also thought the taco sauce was great with everything as well. I think it might be nice to add some black olives, but I didn't have any on hand this time.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great idea! Easy and yummy. I don't know why I never thought of this.

    P.S. My name is Kelly. I found you from flickr!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hello Kelly! I'm glad you found my site :)

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Kelly,your the best thing since sliced bread.thank you so much for all your help.love your counting the points for me,Bernice

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Kelly????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home