Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, July 17, 2006

BBQ Chicken Packets

I've seen the commercials for Renyold's Wrap with the packet cooking, and I thought it sounded like a good idea. Easy to do and less mess. So I decided to try some packet cooking for myself.

BBQ Chicken Packets (Serves 3 at 6 points a piece)

Ingredients

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cup broccoli
1 cup carrot, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
6 Tbsp barbecue sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Tear off three good sized sheets of foil. Place a chicken breast in the center of each sheet. Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Divide the vegetables evenly among the packets and place on top of the chicken. Top the chicken and veggies with 2 tblsps each of bbq sauce. Fold the packets creating a pocket, remember to leave room for the steam.

Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink.

The chicken was really tender and it had great flavoring with the bbq sauce. The veggies were delicious too. But I think next time instead of using broccoli, I will use a mixture of red and yellow bell peppers, and keep the carrots. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely love cooking with foil packets! I like to wrap fish and put them under the broiler. It's one of the best and easiest ways to cook fish.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home