Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, July 10, 2006

Stuffed Red Peppers

I've had stuffed peppers a few times in the past and have liked them, but I often thought they could be really tasty even without the meat. And once I started watching what I ate, I realized that omitting the meat could reduce the calories. So here is my take on stuffed peppers.

Stuffed Red Peppers (4 servings at 3 points a piece)

Ingredients

4 Red Bell Peppers
2 cups Minute Rice
2 cups fat-free chicken broth
1/2 tblsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can (15 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

Cut the peppers in half and spray each half with cooking spray. Grill the peppers until softened. While the peppers are grilling, cook your minute rice in the 2 cups of chicken broth. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the diced tomatoes, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stuff each half of the peppers with 1/4 cup of the rice mixture. Top with a little bit of the mozzarella cheese and broil until the cheese is melted.

Not only is this meal low points, it is also really quick. I know that traditionally you bake the peppers first, and that can take quite a while. I also like using the red peppers instead of green because they are a little sweet. And it's not as common to see a stuffed red pepper :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home