Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Garbanzo Bean Burgers

I'm have always liked bean burgers, so I will probably end up trying a million different bean burger recipes in my lifetime. I found this particular recipe at this site, and I really liked the sound of it because it uses garbanzo beans (aka chick peas). It also had celery and carrots in the mix, which made it even more interesting.

Garbanzo Bean Burgers (6 servings at 2 points a piece)

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas), mashed
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped 1/4 small onion, minced
1/4 c whole wheat flour
2 t oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Mix the ingredients (except oil) in a bowl. Form 6 flat patties. Fry in oiled pan over medium-high heat until burgers are golden brown on each side.

I just used a can of garbanzo beans instead of cooking them myself; this saves a lot of time and effort. When forming the patties I had a little bit of difficulty keeping them together, but they turned out ok. They may have been a tad crumbly, but they still tasted delicious. I really like that extra crunch of the carrots and celery. I ate them without a bun and thought they were great that way. The husband ate them on a bun with ketchup and loved them. He said that they reminded him of McDonald's cheeseburgers and fries. I think he may be crazy...but hey, as long as he liked them! They are definitely very tasty, so if you're a fan of bean burgers, I recommend that you try these very soon :)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Nau-Dee said…

    These sound totally intersting and are now on my list to try!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home