Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Egg Salad

I'm a fan of those creamy mayonnaise based salads. Chicken salad, potato salad, ham salad, turkey salad, macaroni salad, and even egg salad. You quickly learn to avoid these however, when you are watching what you eat. But sometimes that richness and creaminess is just too good to pass up. I've started making my own light version of egg salad. The husband requests it often, and usually ends up eating a good majority of it when I make it. This salad is great on bread or crackers, or event just by itself.

Egg Salad (6 servings at 2 points a piece)

6 eggs
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 tsp black pepper

Instructions

Boil eggs. Chop eggs, add mayo, and mix together well. Add a little pepper for flavor.

I will occasionally add a splenda packet to give it a little bit of a sweet taste. When my mom used to make egg salad she would always add pickle juice, but I never have pickle juice on hand. So the splenda packet is a good substitute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home