Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, July 24, 2006

Polenta

I didn't try polenta until fairly recently. I have seen a few chefs cook with it on television, and I have also seen it mentioned on the WeightWatcher message boards several times. So I bought a tube and tried it out.

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. I took a tube of polenta and sliced it thinly. I then sprayed a small frying pan with a nonfat cooking spray and cooked the slices until brown on each side. These slices are delicious with salsa, or they are just fine on their own. The husband really likes polenta "burgers". He usually just puts a few slices on a hamburger bun and then tops it with cheese and salsa.

The pre-made tubes come in several different flavors. I have tried the sun-dried tomato flavor, and the plain. I liked both of them very much, and look forward to trying others.

So if you are looking for a low point and filling snack, or a quick meal, you should definitely consider some polenta. For two 1/2 inch slices it is only one point, and I usually prefer slice them even thinner into four 1/4 inch slices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home