Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Banana and Pudding Pie

I was watching an episode of Healthy Appetite on the Food Network the other day, and Ellie Krieger made a very tasty looking banana cream pie with bananas on the bottom. I thought it would be nice to have bananas at the bottom of a pie like that, so I came up with this delicious recipe.

Banana and Pudding Pie (serves 8 at 3 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 package sugar free vanilla instant pudding
1 and 3/4 cups non-fat milk
2 bananas
1 pre-made pie crust

Instructions:

Slice the bananas and layer them on the bottom of the crust. Whisk together the pudding and milk. Once mixed combined, pour the pudding over the bananas. Let the pie chill in the fridge for about an hour.

I thought I was going to need three bananas, but two turned out to be plenty. The husband also talked me into using a chocolate crust instead of a graham one. The crusts that I looked at happened to be the same amount of points, and chocolate and bananas do go well together, so I went with the chocolate. This pie was absolutely delicious and easy to make. It's not going to last long in my household. I also think this would be a great dessert to bring to something like a potluck dinner or a picnic.

*Note: This recipe does contain dairy, the pudding contains milk, so the husband had to take a lactaid to eat this. Also, do not use soy milk because the pudding will not set. I wasn't sure if it would work with lactaid milk or not, so I played it safe and just used skim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home