Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Broccoli with Feta

I serve steamed broccoli as a side to my dishes quite often. I really like steamed broccoli and so does the husband. The husband usually eats his plain or with a touch of pepper, and I usually dress mine up a bit with some pepper and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. So when I came across this recipe at Apples for Health the other day, I thought it sounded like one we definitely had to try.

Broccoli with Feta (4 Servings at 0 points a serving)

Ingredients:

1 1/4 pounds broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
No Fat Cooking Spray
2 tablespoons (30 ml) low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
fresh ground pepper

Instructions:

In a steamer set over boiling water, steam the broccoli, covered, for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.

Place the steamed broccoli in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Coat lightly with cooking spray and toss with feta cheese, and pepper to taste.

Serve immediately.

When I served the broccoli it went like hot cakes. I really enjoyed that extra little kick that the feta added to the broccoli; and the husband, who is a big fan of feta to begin with, really liked it as well. I also liked the fact that it really wasn't that much more work compared to our normal steamed broccoli. You know me, the easier and the faster, the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home