Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, August 07, 2006

Crustless Supreme Pizza

I know with having the husband around, anything with the word pizza in it really gets his attention. After all, pizza is one of his all time favorite foods. I found this recipe on the weightwatchers message boards and decided to give it a try.

Crustless Supreme Pizza (8 servings at 4 points a serving)
1lb 95% lean ground beef
1c uncooked egg noodles(I used cup and a half)
14.5 oz diced tomatoes
1/2 c onion fine chopped
1c bell pepper chopped
7oz can or jar mushrooms
6oz olives sliced
1/2 tsp each of garlic powder and italian seasoning
1/4 lb lf mozzarella cheese grated

Brown ground beef w/ salt and pepper to taste. Drain beef keep aside. In deep skillet layer ingredients (noodles ground beef and the rest) in the order given, except cheese. Use the vegetable liquids also. Cover & cook on med -low heat about 25 min(I cooked for 35 was good) or till liquid has evaporated. Turn heat off and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover let stand 5-10 min.

For this recipe I used ground turkey and I didn't use olives. I think maybe an ingredient was left out or something, because the noodles did not get done. They were pretty hard. I think next time I will just cook the noodles and then layer the rest of the ingredients. I did however try the toppings alone, and thought that they tasted pretty good. The husband salvaged his dinner by stuffing the toppings into a pita. He said it was it was very delicious, so hopefully the next time we'll be able to eat this with noodles as intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home