Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baked Turkey Cheddar and Bacon Sandwich

I really enjoy sandwiches for dinner, and so does the husband. They are easy to make, and they can be very versatile. When I saw this recipe I thought is sounded great, so I added it to the menu. It would also be really easy to change it up a bit for different flavors. I think it would be neat to try a hot ham and swiss. It is also great because it would be really easy to take for a quick lunch or dinner when you are on the go. I found this recipe at my favorite gal's site, Betty Crocker.

Baked Turkey Cheddar and Bacon Sandwich (6 servings at 5 points a piece)

Ingredients:

2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick® mix
1 cup non-fat milk
1/4 cup egg beaters
4 ounces thinly sliced cooked deli turkey
1 1/2 cups fat free shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
5 slices precooked bacon

Directions:

1 . Heat oven to 400°F. Spray square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches, with cooking spray.
2 . Stir Bisquick mix, milk and egg in medium bowl with wire whisk or fork until blended. Spread half of the batter in baking dish. Top with turkey, 1 cup of the cheese and the bacon. Spread remaining batter over bacon.
3 . Bake uncovered about 29 minutes, or until golden brown and center is set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

The crust was very moist and flaky, and it complimented the turkey, cheese, and bacon very nicely. The husband really enjoyed this sandwich too. The only thing that struck me as odd about the whole thing was that the bread was a little sweet. But that may have been due to the soy milk I used to make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home