Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Chicken Nuggets

Once upon a time I used to fry chicken like it was ain't no thing. I had a little mini fryer and I loved to make fried chicken, whether it be whole breasts, strips, or nuggets. Now that I'm doing the healthy thing, I don't even own a fryer anymore. I do occasionally make fake fried chicken (which is quite tasty), but I haven't done so in a while so, I was really looking forward to these nuggets. I used the Ultimate Chicken Fingers recipe from the Betty Crocker website to make my chicken nuggets.

Ultimate Chicken Fingers (serves 4)

2/3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart™ mix
1/2 cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
1/4 cup fat-free egg product
3 tablespoons 40% vegetable oil spread, melted

1 . Heat oven to 450°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.

2 . In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, stir together Bisquick® mix, cheese, salt and paprika. Dip half the chicken strips into egg product; place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag; shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Drizzle vegetable oil spread over chicken.

3 . Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.

In this recipe I just cut the chicken into strips as directed and then I cut them into nuggets. I used the Reduced Fat Bisquick instead of the heart smart type. I didn't use the the vegetable oil spread on my nuggets either. With my omissions I calculated this recipe to be 6 points a serving. For me that ended up being about 10 nuggets per serving.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I may be wrong but I thought heart smart was just the new way they termed the reduced-fat bisquick?? Anyway, thanks for the great recipe! It would go good with alexia fries!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Oh I didn't know there was a new way they termed the reduced fat bisquick. Thanks for pointing that out :)

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reminded me of how McDonald's nuggets tasted when I was little...only you won't die from eating these. =)
    -A certain houseguest

     

Post a Comment

<< Home