Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tuna Paninis

I was watching Everyday Italian again. I'm starting to think I'm addicted to the show, but how can you not be? The food always looks delicious and Giada is just so cute!

The other day she did a show on late night meals, and she made a tuna panini on focaccia bread. I thought it was a great idea, and decided to make that for dinner last night. I mixed together a quick tuna salad which simply consisted of one 6oz packet of tuna and 2 tablespoons of fat free mayo. That makes two servings for one point a piece. I wasn't able to find any focaccia bread, so I settled instead for a delicious ciabatta loaf fresh from Giant Eagle. I just used two small slices of the ciabatta, and slathered on the tuna salad. I topped the tuna with a sprinkle of mozzarella, and then brushed a little bit of olive oil on each side of the bread. I cooked them on medium in a small pan and used another pan to flatten the sandwiches. I basically used the same method of cooking that I did for the turkey paninis.

I thought that the slightly warm tuna with the melted cheese was great, and the husband seemed to really enjoy it as well. The bread worked out quite well and toasted nicely. I think I'm going to try to come up with another sandwich that I can use the ciabatta bread for.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how many points was the ciabatta bread?

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I counted it as 2 points. I used a really small slice. I looked around for the nutritional information at diet facts and calorie king with no luck. I even tried Giant Eagle's website and of course they didn't have the nuritional information posted either.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks so much, I appreciate the information. Your blog is so helpful and so visual. I check it most days and have recommended it to my friends on points!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like my site and find it helpful. Thanks for spreading the word to your friends, I appreciate it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home