Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Trail Mix

Trail mixes are great for the munchies. I've seen many different kinds made. Including some with seasonings like Chex Mix, and some where you add a caramel coating. Really, you can put whatever you want into your mix. So I decided to come up with a mix of my own that would be simple and point-friendly . I basically just mixed a few items together and decided not to add any seasonings or coatings.

My trail mix:

2 cups Corn Chex
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 serving pretzel sticks
6 tblsp chocolate chips

I counted this as 10 servings at 2 points a piece.

I really like the mix of salty and sweet. And the husband has given this mix two thumbs up as well. I even caught him sneaking a handful of the mix this morning after breakfast. It does have cereal in it, so I guess it was ok :) Oh, and the chocolate chips I used were dairy free, so everything was husband friendly as well. I was thinking you could also add those new colored mini Hershey Kisses or M&M's to the mix instead of the chocolate chips, as long as being dairy free wasn't a concern for you.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home