Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, May 19, 2006

Couscous Ca Choo

Couscous....I love love LOVE this stuff. The husband hates hates HATES this stuff. I decided to not be deprived of couscous anymore and have started packing it in my lunches for work. I get so excited at lunch time when I go to reheat my couscous. Those tiny little pieces of pasta/grain (depending on what your take on it is) are so cute, they just make me smile.

How can you not like couscous? It is also only 3 points per cup and I must say that it is very filling. You just boil some water or in my case chicken broth then add that to your couscous and leave it alone. You just step away from the stove and WA LA it's done! Something that cooks itself is genius, pure genius!

I like cooking it in chicken or vegetable broth instead of water. Doing that alone adds so much flavor to it. It's so easy to add different flavors to it as well. You can add a little bit of curry powder, or bouillon, or chili powder, or cumin. It can take on whatever flavors you want it too. Something this versatile, healthy, and easy to cook SHOULD be in your pantry.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the idea.. believe it or not I've never made it! It was mentioned at my WW meeting this week too- so I will be buying some at my next trip to the supermarket!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home