Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, May 05, 2006

More Honey Goodness...

After my "Goodness of Honey" post, I started to wonder why couldn't I make a similar honey-milk drink at home? I quickly googled steamed honey milk recipes and found this from the wonder who is Martha Stewart.

Steamed Milk

Serves 6

6 tablespoons of honey
1 quart milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 whole cloves
freshly grated nutmeg

1. Place 1 tablespoon of honey in each of six glasses; set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, scald milk until small bubbles start to appear around the edges. Remove from heat, and add cinnamon and cloves. Cover and let steep 20 minutes. Return milk to high heat, and bring to a boil.

2. Remove milk from heat, and using a teaspoon, remove and discard cloves. Transfer some of the hot milk to a blender, filling it halfway full. Cover blender, and place a kitchen towel over the lid to prevent hot liquid from splashing. Whip on high speed until frothy, about 30 seconds. Pour into glasses, topping each with some foam, repeat with remaining hot milk.

3. Stir milk to dissolve honey. Garnish with nutmeg, and serve.

I decided to try to make a single serving version of this with skim Lactaid milk. I also didn't have any whole cloves on hand. I added a little bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and vanilla. I only let it steep for about 5 minutes or so. My serving size was one cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of honey which totals 3 points.

I was pleasantly surprised how it turned out. It was very warm and soothing with a subtle honey flavor to it. I will definitely be making honey milk again.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was delicious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home