Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Food and Friends

We invited some friend's of ours over for dinner on Sunday, and things went very well. Everyone seemed to enjoy everything, and I don't think anyone left with an empty stomach. I think the "salad bar" that I created went over extremely well. That is something I'll have to do one day when I have children. Being able to pick and choose what you would like in your salad makes things so much better. No husband, you cannot have a salad of just bacon :)

I really liked the grilled chicken as well. It was very flavorful and smelled wonderful. I got the recipe from the Weight Watchers cookbook, Simply Delicious.

Grilled Herb Chicken (yields 4 servings, 4 points a serving)

2 tblsp oregano
1 tblsp thyme
1 tblsp rosemary
2 tsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts

In a small bowl mix the herbs and oil. Rub the mixture onto the chicken breasts. Grill the chicken approximately 4 minutes on each side. May take longer depending on thickness of chicken.

This is a great grilled chicken, and we ended up with leftovers (bonus!). I think I'll be adding the chicken to the leftover salad we have for a really great lunch to take to work with me. We also had a little leftover fruit salad, which I plan on using as a side when I make breakfast for dinner this week. However, If the fruit salad makes it that long I will be surprised. The husband has tried to eat it for snack, breakfast, and lunch so far. If it can just make it to dinner I'll be doing well :)

I really think I should have dinner parties more often. I have so much fun planning a menu and implementing everything. It's great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home