Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Le why can't I have you?

Le Creuset how do I love thee, let me count the ways. I love, love, love these things. Those cute little lids, and the roundness to all of their items. The great vibrant colors with names such as Sonoma Blue, Dune, Dijon, Flame, and Lemongrass. They also have the less excitingly named, red. I'm actually quite a fan of the not-so-exciting red, and of the more exciting Dijon.

Did you know that each piece is sand cast from a single mold that is then destroyed? So no two pieces are alike. How cool is that?

You see these being used on all of the great cooking shows. Robin Miller, Rachael Ray, Paula Dean, they all use them. I just cant help sitting there and drooling over them. My current pots and pans just can't compare. They weren't sand cast from a unique mold that was then destroyed. They aren't cute, and they are in the traditional, every day silver color (not my choice). I guess I can't really complain since they were a wedding gift.

While at TJ Maxx yesterday I saw a Le Cresuet grill pan. I looked all over the place to see if they had anything else, but no luck. I was so disappointed.

I've looked into these pots and pans many many times, but they are just SO expensive...too expensive for me. They cost more than a pair of Manolo Blahniks or Jimmy Choos (I don't have any of those either). A girl can dream, can't she? Le sigh!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Steph...I understand your interest in LeCreuset. I have several pieces that I adore. However, I would not purchase a full set of this or any other brand of pots/pans. I prefer certain types of pans for certain cooking techniques. For instance, these are not good for sauteing and you need to be a weight lifter to hoist the large oval roaster when it is full. I encourage you to buy one piece at a time and add on as you go along and have more $. Also,I found a LaCreuset outlet near St. Augestine, FL. Good luck. BTW,these are a dream to clean.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Steph...I understand your interest in LeCreuset. I have several pieces that I adore. However, I would not purchase a full set of this or any other brand of pots/pans. I prefer certain types of pans for certain cooking techniques. For instance, these are not good for sauteing and you need to be a weight lifter to hoist the large oval roaster when it is full. I encourage you to buy one at a time and add on a

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Thanks for the tip about not purchasing a whole set. I really would like to get one of stew pans. That's good to know that there is an outlet in St. Augestine. I have family that live down that way. I'll check it out next time I visit.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Steph...check out Ebay for some LeCreuset products. I, too, love their products and have purchased several on Ebay when no one else was bidding.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    That is a great idea. I never even thought to look for them on ebay. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home