Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Goodness of Honey

I remember when I was really little my mom would make biscuits from scratch every Saturday morning. My favorite thing to put on those biscuits was honey. They didn't need butter or jelly, just a little bit of sweetness from honey.

Several years later I quit eating biscuits and I quit eating honey. I don't know how, but I kinda forgot about it. Not too long ago, while at a local coffee shop, the husband decided to try a different drink instead of his ol' standby, the spiced chai tea latte. He opted for a very simple honey milk. Basically it's steamed milk with honey added. I tried a sip of his drink and absolutely loved it. We tried to get a honey milk at the same coffee shop a few times later and realized that only one person there really knows how to make them right. One gal added so much honey that it solidified on the bottom and it was just sickening sweet. Basically it tasted like you were eating straight honey. So now each time we visit that coffee shop and we see a gal with long dark hair behind the counter, we get excited because we know we can get a good honey milk.

And furthering this new honey-loving trend of mine is another recent discovery. I recently found my most favorite breakfast of all. Whole grain english muffins with a little bit of peanut butter and a little drizzle of honey. It's good with bananas too. I think the honey is what really makes it. I also just thought to add some honey to my tea while I was at work the other day. How could I go for so long with out that sweet goodness of honey?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home