Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bear Paws

Ice cream sandwiches, a.k.a bear paws in our household, are a really great treat. We call them bear paws because the cookie usually leaves a chocolaty mess on your hand making it look kinda like a bear paw. The husband and I love having them for dessert. For a while I did away with them because of how fattening and caloric they were, but then I found some lighter lower point versions.

My absolute favorites are what I call Mint Bear Paws. They are actually the mint flavored ice cream sandwiches made by Skinny Cow. But unfortunately, since moving from Northern Virginia to Morgantown, West Virginia, I have not been able to find them. They do not exist here at all. It's rather sad actually. I have, however, been able to find the Skinny Cow chocolate and vanilla ones. These are also very good, and are 2 points a piece.

Weight Watchers has their own version of ice cream sandwiches too. They are 2 points a piece as well. They are good for an ice cream sandwich fix; however, I think their cookie is a little too crunchy for my tastes.

My second favorite sandwiches are Bryers' Lite. I particularly like the Cookies and Cream. Their cookie is kinda hard too, but not too hard. These are what I currently have in the freezer, and the husband really likes them too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home