Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, May 08, 2006

Do You Feel Like Turkey Tonight

Tonight I decided to make turkey burgers with grilled veggies. Nothing too spectacular or difficult, but a good quick meal. I used to not like burgers at home. I think it may have something to do with the fact that my parents' idea of flavoring burgers was adding oatmeal. And it never occurred to me that you could season burgers until I saw Rachael Ray doing it one day. But now I really like making them at home, and the husband does too.

You can use beef if you prefer, but I use turkey. I really like adding about 1 tablespoon of McCormick's Chicken Grill Seasoning and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to about 1 lb of ground turkey. I can usually make 6 good sized patties at 3 points a piece with this.

An excellent and healthy side for my burgers are grilled veggies, which are super easy to make. I use 3 small yellow squash, 2 yellow peppers, 2 red peppers, and 1 medium onion. First you cut them into big pieces, spray them with some cooking spray, and then grill them. After they are cooked, cut them into smaller bite size pieces and place them in a bowl. Once all of the veggies are finished, add salt, pepper, and chives. I think next time I might try adding a bit of grill seasoning for a little more flavor. And as an added bonus with the veggies, I have another recipe to make using the leftovers. But that will have to wait for another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home