Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Salmon Teriyaki


I had a request for my recipe for Salmon Teriyaki. Thanks for the request!

Honestly I hadn't planned on posting this recipe because it really isn't much of a recipe at all; it's more like a secret weapon. The secret weapon being Kikkoman's Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce. I've made teriyaki marinades before, but I'm a simple gal. If I can just open a bottle and be done, then so be it. I love to cook, but after working all day the quicker the better.

Sometimes I will dress up the marinade a bit by adding some ginger (fresh or ground), a splash of orange juice, or a squeeze of lime. If you are feeling really daring, you can add all three :) Something else that is nice to do is to add some chopped green onions to the marinade.

As for the actual preparation and cooking process, I typically marinade my salmon fillets for about 30 minutes. Then I grill or broil them. It doesn't take too long for salmon to cook. If you aren't sure if it's done yet, poke the tines of a fork into the thickest portion of the fish, and then gently twist the fork and pull up some of the fish. If it is done, it will flake and be opaque. Lately the husband and I have really been enjoying this dish broiled as a nice change from the typical grilling.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks so much! I think I actually have a bottle of that stuff int the fridge right now! I may make it tonight, with the weather being so beautiful and hot!

    Thanks again for everything in your blog, I have fun reading it!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I'm so glad that you are enjoying my blog so much! That makes me smile :)

    How did the Teriyaki Salmon turn out?

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh the salmon came out good! I have suck a hard time cooking salmon though-- I always seem to burn it! This time it only came away slightly black :) My husband ate all of it- said it was good! Thanks for the easy recipe! I would have thought there were much mroe ingredients in it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home