Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

French Toast

French toast is one of the first things I ever made when I was a little girl. At first I just did the plain ol' milk and eggs. Eventually I realized you could really add to it with a little bit of vanilla and cinnamon. Then later on I realized that I could make it even better with a little bit of nutmeg.

I think one of the best things about making french toast is the delightful smell. It just fills your kitchen. I also think it makes a great anytime meal. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it just works whenever :)

French Toast (3 servings, 2 points a serving)

1/2 cup Egg Beaters
1/4 serving lactaid milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
6 slices reduced-calorie bread

In a small bowl whisk together the egg beaters, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. Spray a small frying pan with no calorie cooking spray. Dip slices of bread into the mixture and then cook on medium until a nice golden brown on each side. A serving size is 2 slices.

I used to top my french toast with BOTH powdered sugar and syrup. What was I thinking?!? Now I top it with Cozy Cottage's fat free maple syrup. One quarter cup of this stuff has just 25 calories and no fat! And it tastes great!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These sound like a great weekend breakfast.. thanks so much for the idea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home