Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, June 02, 2006

Island Breeze

Since it's a Friday, I thought it would be a good day to talk about cocktails. I like to enjoy the occasional cocktail every now and then, but what I don't enjoy is how point intense some of them can be. Instead, I usually settle for a glass of wine or a light beer, but sometimes I really do miss those mixed drinks.

So I recently decided to try one of the new reduced-calorie Island Breezes by Bacardi. I went with the Mixed Berry flavor and mixed it with Diet Ocean Spray's Cranberry Spray. In total, the drink was only 53 calories making it 1 point. It was delightful, and I loved the fact that it was only one point. I also think it would be nice to mix it with a cola or a lemon lime soda, so I'll have to try that next. Oh, and mixing it with the Cranberry Spray and orange juice sounds good too! The possibilities seem endless :)

Island Breeze comes in Coconut and Key Lime flavors as well. I think once I finish up my bottle of Mixed Berry, I'd like to try the Coconut. I used to be a big fan of Coconut rum and pineapple juice. Maybe I could concoct something similar. And if you have trouble coming up with cocktail ideas on your own, the Island Breeze website has several light cocktail recipes to help get you started with the mixing.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering.. where do you buy these? Are they in the grocery store?? Or somewhere else? Thanks!

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I bought these at a local liquor store. Any grocery store that sells liquor would have them too I would think.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've tried the Key Lime mixed with the Minute Maid Light Lemonade and it was great and only 1 point as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home