Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, June 05, 2006

Chicken Bruschetta Bake

This is one of the first WW recipes that I found and tried. It is also one of my favorites.

Chicken Bruschetta Bake (6 servings at 6 points a piece)

1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes undrained
2 cloves minced garlic
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing for chicken
1/2 cup water
1-1/2 lb (4) chicken breasts
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tomatoes with liquid in bowl. Add garlic, stuffing mix and water; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside. Place chicken in 13x9 baking dish; sprinkle with basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

I don't use Stove Top Stuffing because it has dairy in it. That was a shock to me too. I usually just get an off brand, but the points stay the same.

This dish is really easy to put together. So easy that the husband has made this before when I had to work late one evening. I like how the stuffing gets a little crispy and the cheese so melty over the chicken. It's an all-around great dish. Serve with a salad and you have a complete, healthy dinner :)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Oh you are welcome! Let me know how she does :)

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just have to say that I LOVE this recipe. I gave it to my dad (whos not on WW) and he's made it 2 times in a week he likes it so much! This is a great one for sure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home