Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bean Roll Up

One morning, while getting ready for work, I asked the husband what he wanted for lunch. He said he wanted a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich. So I go into the kitchen to make his sandwich, and to throw something together for myself as well. I decide to put some refried beans on a tortilla and make a bean roll up. The husband comes into the kitchen, looks at my lunch, and with this surprised/confused look on his face asks, "what's that?" I tell him it's a bean roll up to which he replies, "Well I wish I would have known that you were making that!" So the next day the husband had a bean roll up in his lunch too :)

These roll ups are something new I started making for lunch. I spread a serving of fat free refried beans onto a tortilla and then roll it up. I like to cut it into smaller segments to make it easier to munch. This quick and simple thing makes a very delicious and filling lunch.

I think it would also be great for kids' lunches, appetizers at parties, or a quick snack. You can easily dress it up a bit by adding some salsa or maybe some shredded cheese or both. And you could even heat it up a bit if you wanted it to, but I prefer mine cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home