Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Slop Slop E Joe

Did you know that the Manwich sloppy joe sauce has only 30 cal. per serving? I didn't until fairly recently.

I have always thought that sloppy joes were just horrible for you, so I never even thought to make them. The husband mentioned something about wanting sloppy joes and how we could just use ground turkey. I was skeptical at first, but then we checked out a can of Manwich and were pleasantly surprised. It's nice to enjoy some sloppy joes again, it makes me feel like a kid.

Sloppy Joes (7 servings at 3 points a serving)

Cook ground turkey. Add sauce until heated through.

I love how easy it is. I usually serve my sloppy joes on light buns. I have a friend staying with us right now and she ate her sloppy joe over a slice of whole wheat bread. That's a good idea too!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We had something similar last night- Lloyds BBQ from the meat section of the grocery store. Only 2 points for 1/4 cup! It comes in shredded chicken, beef and pork.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I've tried the shredded chicken before. It's good stuff!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Laura Rebecca said…

    We just had Manwich sloppy joes the other night -- the kids love 'em!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home