Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, April 23, 2007

A Year Later...

Well it's official. As of April 19, 2007, Cinnamon Dots has been around for a year now. I didn't really know what to expect when I started this little site a year ago, and I'm excited to see that I have some regular readers now. I also hope that I've been able to help a few people find healthy and easy recipes.

In looking back, I've decided to take the time to list some of my favorite recipes from this past year.

Desserts:

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies were so simple, and it's very easy to keep all of the ingredients on hand. The husband asks for these quite often. In fact, he mentioned them yesterday. I think I'm going to have to make some soon :)

Mixed Berry Trifle

Here is another dessert that is perfect for this time of year. It's another that takes little preparation, but really packs a punch. It also looks so lovely and works great for get-togethers and cookouts.

Oreo Balls

These are great because they are chocolate AND contain Oreo goodness. This is the dessert that I usually like to take to parties and gatherings.

Over the past year I fixed a lot of pumpkin dishes. I really LOVE pumpkin. Here are a few of my favorites.

Pumpkin Recipes:

Pumpkin Spice Muffins


I liked the rich spiciness of these muffins. This is a recipe that is really easy to throw together in the morning, giving you a hot and fresh start your day.

Pumpkin Dip

I wasn't sure how pumpkin would do as a dip, but the husband and I were pleasantly surprised with this one.

Pumpkin Harvest Bars


This is a recipe that I make every year. They are great for dessert or even breakfast.

Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes

This was one of my favorite recipes of the year. I really enjoyed these pancakes, and the husband liked them too.

I fix a lot of main dishes this as well, of course, so here are a few of my favorites from the year.

Main Dishes:

Unstuffed Zucchini

This dish is a definite favorite of the husband's and mine. It has a lot of the things that we just love. It is also very easy to prepare.

Ribollita-Bread Soup

I am so glad that my mother in-law gave me Rachael Ray's recipe book for Christmas. Otherwise I would never have found this recipe. There really isn't much to this soup, but it is delicious and very comforting. I would love to make this every day if I could.

Turkey Shepherd's Pie with Scallion Mashed Potatoes

This is another comforting dish. Plus, any dish with mashed potatoes has to be great!

Grilled Lemon and Herb Salmon Packets

Here is another dish that, along with Turkey Paninis and Lasagna, the husband asks for quite often. Whenever I make another packet meal or fish dish, I always hear the same thing, "it's not as good as those lemon salmon packets."

And finally...

Breakfasts:

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

Chocolate for breakfast. Need I say more?

Everything Free Banana Muffins

These muffins are so tasty! Of course they are delicious right out of the oven, but they also make for a great snack to grab in a hurry.

Brainless Banana Pancakes

In case you couldn't tell, bananas are big in our house at breakfast. And these pancakes are quick to throw together and taste great.

I would like to thank all of you Cinnamon Dots readers for taking the time to read my blog. As I mentioned before, I hope I've been able to help you find very tasty, easy, and healthy recipes. And in the spirit of looking back, if any of you have favorites from the past year, post them in the comments. I'd love to know what everyone has enjoyed the most.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home