Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, April 09, 2007

Rachael Ray's Roasted Garlic Chicken

I hope everyone had a good Easter. The husband and I celebrated this Easter with another Easter Feaster. This year I fixed Rachael Ray's Roasted Garlic Chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I had dinner on the table very quickly and I didn't have to worry about spending a long time in the kitchen. I definitely wanted a home-cooked meal, but I didn't want to have to be a slave to the kitchen.

Rachael Ray's Roasted Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:

2 1/2 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
6 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tbsp rosemary
3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium lemon
1 tbsp McCormick's chicken seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth or 1/2 cup white wine

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Arrange chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. Add garlic, rosemary, olive oil, lemon zest, grill seasoning, salt, and pepper to the dish. Toss and coat the chicken with all ingredients, then place in oven. Roast 20 minutes. Add wine or chicken broth and lemon juice to the dish and combine with pan juices. Return to oven and turn oven off. Let stand 5 minutes longer, then remove chicken from the oven. Place baking dish on trivet and serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken pieces.

The husband and I love this dish, and it's one that I have made several times. I love the smell of the rosemary and garlic while it's cooking, and the finished product is just great. And as I mentioned before, this dish takes minimal time to prepare and bake.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Nau-Dee said…

    I love Rachael Ray's dishes and this one looks yummy too. I bet it smells wonderful when baking - I'm gonna have to give it a try :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home