Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, March 19, 2007

Blueberry Squares

I thought this would be a great dish to try. Flavored angel food cake is always tasty, the recipe is super simple, and the more point-friendly desserts, the better :)

Blueberry Squares (24 servings at 2 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 package angel food cake mix
22 oz light fruit pie filling, blueberry

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine cake mix with blueberry filling (do not add any other ingredients) into an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish; bake for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into 24 pieces.

When I pulled this dish out of the oven it was monstrous. I know that angel food puffs, but I didn't expect it to puff that much. I think it would be perfectly acceptable to make this in a bandit pan instead, which should help contain the expansion a bit (though as it cooled it did shrink down some).

The cake had a good blueberry flavor to it, but I'm not sure if this is one I'll make too often. It just isn't one of our favorites. But for a quick and easy dessert that's something different, it's worth keeping in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home