Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, September 25, 2006

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

I think the word "muffin" means breakfast. So when a muffin has chocolate and chocolate chips, it means it will be the most delicious and nutritious breakfast EVER.

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (24 servings; 2 pts per serving)

Ingredients:

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2 large egg whites
3/4 c water
1/4 c mini chocolate chips

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tins with non stick baking spray. Combine cake mix, pumpkin, egg whites and water in bowl. Fill muffin tins and top each muffin with ½ tsp mini chocolate chips. Bake 18-22 minutes.

These are absolutely delicious! I thought that you might be able to taste the pumpkin more, but you don't, and that's okay. The husband has really been enjoying these too. One day, I came home from dance class, and the husband tells me that he had to have a snack before dinner. I asked him what he had for snack, and he replies with, " five muffins!" Five???? I don't think I could eat five....let me rephrase that, I don't want to eat five, but I definitely could :) If you love chocolate like I do, you should definitely make these and enjoy them for breakfast, dessert, or just whenever.

Side note: We couldn't find mini-chocolate chips in a dairy free variety, so I used regular chocolate chips that are dairy free instead, and only placed a couple on top of each muffin.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These sound great, how do you think they would taste if, say, a tsp or so of pumpkin pie spice was added to the batter? Just wondering... Would it taste like chocolate with a hint of spice/pimpkin pie flavor? (My two favorite flavors)
    I think I'm going to try my experiment out. Thanks for the recipe!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I think if you add a tsp of pumpkin pie spice it would taste like chocolate with a hint of spice. Let me know how they turn out :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home