Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tortellini with Fresh Vegetables

I found this recipe at Betty Crocker's website. I was in the mood for pasta and vegetables - a combination you can never go wrong with. The husband and I haven't had tortellini in a while, so I thought this would be great.

Tortellini with Fresh Vegetables (4 servings at 5 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 package (9 ounces) tortellini
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
2 cups chopped roma (plum) tomatoes (6 to 8 medium)
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into slices (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions:

1 . Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package, using 3-quart saucepan. Wipe out saucepan with paper towel; wipe dry with paper towel.

2 . Heat oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook bell pepper in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.

3 . Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender.

4 . Stir in tortellini. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.

The trick to this dish was to find some good tortellini. I saw some spinach stuffed tortellini at the store a while back, and thought those would be a good way to go. I didn't realize they had cheese stuffed with the spinach, but it was only a little bit. I was really going for dairy free tortellini, but unless I make them myself, I think it is impossible. The dish, even though it was a pasta, had a nice, light feel to it. It was a great dish, and the husband loved this dish as well. He's a real pasta fiend, so anytime there is pasta he is a happy camper :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home