Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Kashi Frozen Meals : Southwest Style Chicken

I learned a while ago that packing my lunch is key to maintaining my weight. But sometimes it gets boring packing the same thing every day. You know what they say, variety is the spice of life.

Occasionally I like to bring a frozen meal for lunch, and I've definitely tried my share. From Healthy Choice, to Lean cuisine, to Smart Ones, I've tried them all. But until yesterday I had never found one as good as this.

I tried the Southwest Style Chicken Kashi Entree, and it was delicious! It consists of a 7 whole grain pilaf, tender chunks of chicken, fire roasted onions, corn, and red and green pepper, and all of that is topped with a southwestern sauce. Unlike some frozen meals, you could actually see the vegetables in this one. They weren't chopped so small that it would take a microscope to find them. I'll admit that I was a little skeptical about the 7 whole grain pilaf, but to my pleasant surprise it was great. It wasn't mushy at all, but at the same time it wasn't too hard either. And the southwestern sauce was a nice touch as well. It had a nice spice to it without being too spicy.

Kashi has several other entrees as well that I'm looking forward to trying. They each vary in points, but the Southwest Style Chicken was only 4 points total!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home