Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Black Bean Chicken Pot

I don't cook with my crockpot very often in the summer, but I was cruising the WeightWatchers boards the other day and found this little gem. One thing that drew me to this recipe was the amount of ingredients and the minimal preparation. I really like being able to throw something in the crockpot in the morning and come home to a ready dinner.

Black Bean Chicken Pot (Serves 4 at 6 points a piece)

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 can (maybe two) rotel tomatoes
½ cup of chicken broth

Directions:

Place chicken in bottom of pot. Dump remaining ingredients in. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

When I made this I only used one can of rotel tomatoes, and the dish was excellent. I was a little afraid that it may be bland due to the lack of seasonings, but to my surprise it wasn't. Everything had a great flavor and the chicken was very tender. I decided to serve the dish over rice, and it was delicious. The house guest and the husband both really enjoyed this dish as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home