Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Luna and Clif Bars

I often have the dilemma deciding what to eat before I work out or take a dance class. I don't want to eat too much and then feel like a whale. I don't like that heavy feeling when I try to jump and only make it a centimeter off the floor. If I eat too little I'll feel like I need to gnaw on my arm just to make it to the finish.

One thing that really seems to do the trick for me are Luna Bars. These bars are made specifically for women, and are three points a piece. They come in a variety of flavors such as Cherry Covered Chocolate, Dulce de Leche, Chocolate Peppermint Stick, Peanut Butter Cookie, and Iced Oatmeal Raisin, just to name a few. Depending on how I'm feeling I'll either eat half a bar or a whole bar and will feel completely satisfied and energized.

Luna's have a male counterpart called Clif Bars. The husband says Luna's will turn him into a women, so he sticks to Clifs. Clifs have a good variety of flavors ranging from Banana Nut Bread to Chocolate Brownie. These bad boys are four points a piece.

A good thing to note about both the Luna Bars and Clif bars is the fact that they are dairy free. These are the first energy bars that I have found like that. Of course the husband and I have scoured over many different bars with no luck until these. It's so great to find things that everyone can enjoy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home