Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Baby Food, huh what?

Five out of seven days of the week I receive a very wonderful e-mail. It's called Hungry Girl. Every day there are food finds, recipes, hints, and tips about eating healthy. Everything is written with a great sense of humor, and of course when they can, they include pictures. They also do a weekly Top Ate which is too cute.

Recently Hungry Girl compared banana chips to banana flavored fruit puffs by Gerber. Of course the banana puffs were better. The interesting thing is these banana puffs are baby food. You never think to go looking to baby food for snacks, but after reading about them I decided to try these out.

I thought they had a good banana flavor, and the husband seemed to really like them as well. He took a baggy full of them to work with him. 80 of these puffs are only 25 calories and 0g fat. They really do make for a great snack.

While at the store, I noticed that there are a variety of flavors such as cherry, strawberry-apple, sweet corn, and, the one I'm really interested in trying, sweet potato!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The sweet potato ones are awesome! My husband and kids snack on them all the time.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    That's awesome! I'll definitely have to try them now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home