Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, August 28, 2006

Polynesian Chicken

I'm back with some more crockpot cooking. I came across this recipe on the Weightwatchers boards a while back, but I never got around to making it until now. I must say I have really been missing out. I was originally drawn to this recipe by the pineapple, and thought it would make for a nice change of pace.

Polynesian Chicken (2 servings at 5 points a piece)

Ingredients

2 (4oz ea) chicken breasts,Skinless boneless
2 tsp. Soy sauce
½ green bell pepper, chopped
8 oz pineapple tidbits in juice
2 tblsp cider vinegar
¼ c. onion, chopped
1 tblsp brown sugar

Instructions:

Spray 3 quart crock with Pam. Put thawed chicken in crock. Combine the other ingredients in a saucepan and cook on stovetop until sugar has dissolved. Pour over chicken in crock. Cook on high 2 hours.

We decided to serve this over rice, and the husband and I thought this dish was fantastic. We both agreed that it had a great sweet and tangy flavor, and it was great for something different. I'm looking forward to making this dish again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home