Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hot Ham and Swiss Sandwiches

Sandwiches can be a great lunch, dinner, or snack. They are really easy to make, and it is extremely easy to gourmet them up a bit. Not too long ago I was at the grocery store eyeing all of the gourmet cheeses, and I came across a fancy light swiss. Once I found that, I thought it would be great to do a light hot ham and swiss sandwich. So I put it down on my next menu, and figured I would just get the cheese on my next shopping trip.

The next shopping trip came around and lo' and behold, I couldn't find the light gourmet swiss. I was so disappointed! But all was not lost, as I did find some light, pre-sliced swiss that is 1 point a slice.

I also decided to get the ham from the deli, instead of the pre-packaged stuff. The husband and I had a lot of fun looking at all of the different kinds of meats and flavors, and in the end we opted for some Virginia Ham.

On a side note, we also ended up getting BBQ chicken breast deli meat, and it was delicious! If your deli counter has this, I highly recommend you give it a try.

To make these sandwiches I just used light bread, fat free mayo, and fresh Virginia Baked Ham. I sprayed the bread with cooking spray, and toasted them up in a frying pan. The sandwiches were very warm and the cheese was very melty. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home