Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Honey Dijon Turkey Tenderloin

Being from West Virginia, I grew up with "home cooking" style meals. We usually had some sort of fried chicken or roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, some sort of vegetable, and a bread. I loved that kind of food, but I can't eat like that anymore. I still like to do homestyle cooking types of meals, but with a lighter twist. That's why when I saw this recipe on the Help for IBS Boards, I thought it would be great to make with mashed potatoes and green beans as sides.

Honey Dijon Turkey Tenderloin (4 servings at 4 points a piece)

Turkey tenderloin or never frozen turkey breast
salt and pepper
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. dijon mustard

Salt and pepper turkey and place in crock pot. Mix together other 3 ingredients. Brush turkey with mixture and then pour the rest in. Cook on low for about 8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours. Make sure to check turkey temp. (should be around 180)

I really liked the resulting tanginess that the dijon and honey added to the turkey. The husband liked this a lot as well, and said that I should make it again very soon. And the mashed potatoes and green beans were excellent as well. The meal itself really reminded me of my childhood :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home