Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, September 15, 2006

Grilled Ginger-Lime Tuna Steaks

The husband and I really enjoy and eat a lot of fish. I especially like finding different recipes for our favorite types of fish. Tuna happens to be one of our favorites, so when I saw this at the Betty Crocker site I just had to try it.

Grilled Ginger-Lime Tuna Steaks (4 servings at 5 points a serving)

Ingredients:

Ginger-Lime Marinade (See Below)
1 1/2 pounds tuna, swordfish or halibut steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick
Lime wedge, if desired

Instructions:

1 . Make Ginger-Lime Marinade.
2 . If fish steaks are large, cut into 6 serving pieces. Place in shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable plastic food-storage bag. Add marinade; turn fish to coat with marinade. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
3 . Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
4 . Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish about 4 inches from medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade.
5 . Serve fish with lime wedges.


Ginger-Lime Marinade

1/4 cup lime juice
1 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger root
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped

1 . Mix all ingredients.

Before I say anything about the dish itself I have to comment on the tuna steaks that I bought. This was the first time I bought tuna steaks from Giant Eagle and they were the freshest steaks I have ever bought. The fish was a gorgeous bright reddish pink and very tender to the touch. Now to the dish; it was of course excellent. The marinade was pretty subtle but it was a very nice addition to the tuna. Occasionally I got bites of the ginger or the lime and it was great. The husband and I both really enjoyed this dish, so much so that we devoured the fish and forgot to take a picture of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home