Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, September 18, 2006

Blueberry Scones

I like baking, and I especially like fresh baked items right out of the oven. I usually don't bake much on weekday mornings because the husband and I are rushing around trying to get ready for work. But I found this recipe on the weightwatchers boards, and It seemed simple enough that I could throw it together for breakfast one morning before work.

Blueberry Scones servings (4 servings at 2 points a piece)

Ingredients:

2 2/3 cup(s) uncooked oatmeal
1/3 cup(s) Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup(s) fat-free (skim) milk
1/2 cup(s) blueberries

Directions:

Combine first 5 ingredients. Fold in berries. Form into 4 mounds and bake on PAM - sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.

Unfortunately when I went to make these, my blueberries had gone bad. I was really disappointed, but decided to add chocolate chips instead because you know, chocolate makes everything better (so maybe it wasn't so bad after all). I just used one tablespoon of chocolate chips so the points would remain the same.

These took no time to mix and bake, and they turned out great. The scones were delicious, and having them hot from the oven made for a great breakfast. And being able to make something like this during the typical morning rush was an added delight :)

*Edit: It should be 2/3 cup of oatmeal instead of 2 2/3 cup of oatmeal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home