Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Friday, September 22, 2006

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Mayo

Anywhere you look these days you'll find some sort of fancy mayo. Wasabi mayo, garlic chili lime may, chipotle mayo just to name a few. I think jazzing up your mayo is a great way to give some extra oompf to a sandwich. So I decided to come up with my own fancy mayo.

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Mayo (Serves 4, 3 points a piece)

Ingredients:

4 light hamburger buns
4 thin and fancy chicken breasts
2 tblsp mayo
2 tblsp roasted red pepper pesto
Grill Seasoning

Sprinkle the chicken with grill seasoning on both sides. Grill until chicken is done. While the chicken is cooking mix the mayo with the roasted red pepper pesto in a small bowl. After chicken is finished cooking spread a think layer of the mayo mixture onto each of the buns and then assemble your sandwich.

When I made these I toasted the hamburger buns in the toaster oven. The crunchy buns really added to the sandwich. Grilled chicken with grill seasoning is always tasty, but when you add in the roasted red pepper mayo it's really something. I really enjoyed all the different flavors going on. For something so simple as mixing some pesto with some mayo it really made an incredible dish. The husband and I really enjoyed this sandwich and the husband has already asked me to make it again :)

Note: If you don't have the fit and fancy cuts of chicken you will need to add the points accordingly. Also the points may vary on which type of pesto you use. I used the Market Selects from Giant Eagle.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Nau-Dee said…

    Oh I think Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Mayo would be GREAT on chicken sandwiches!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home