Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes

I found a version of this recipe at the Betty Crocker website. I thought it would be great for this time of year, but of course I had to lighten it up a bit. Here's my take on it:


Spicy Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients:

2 1/3 cups Heart Smart Bisquick® mix
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/4 cups fat free milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons splenda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup egg beaters

Instructions:

1. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F. Grease griddle with vegetable oil if necessary. In medium bowl, stir all pancake ingredients until well blended. For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.

2. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown. Serve with syrup.

These were so great! I really like pancakes and I really like pumpkin, so together this dish was an unstoppable combination. All of the flavors were just right, and there is something so comforting eating a warm pumpkin pancake :)

Edit: The pancakes make 8 servings at 3 points a piece. So sorry I forgot to post that.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Nau-Dee said…

    oh this is a good idea. not ever seen pumpkin pancakes. bet they were tasty!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those do look good! I made some pumpkin waffles from the halfmysize.com site a couple days ago they were great! Do you have the points value for these pancakes? Thanks!

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Where is my head at? I can't believe I forgot to post the points.

    For the pancakes, they are 8 servings at 3 points a serving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home