Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Chimmy Thingies

This weekend the husband and I were trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. I was doing my usual staring blankly into the fridge hoping an already prepared dish would present itself to me. I was thinking about our typical pita pizzas, but then I had a stroke of genius.

Chimmy Thingies (1 serving, 3.5 points)

Ingredients:

1 wheat tortilla
1/2 tbsp taco sauce
1/4 cup refried beans
2 oz chopped deli turkey meat
1 oz fat free shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:

Spread the refried beans over the tortilla. Drizzle the taco sauce over the refried beans and top with the turkey and finally the cheese. Broil until the beans are warm, and the cheese is melted. Roll up and enjoy!

These kinda reminded me of chimichangas. The insides were warm and gooey, but the tortilla was slightly crisp. It was a great combination and a great lunch. All I could hear from the husband when he first tried it was, "mmm mmmm mmmm."

I used the Santa Fe Whole Wheat Tortillas which are only 1 point a piece. If you use a different brand you'll need to adjust the points accordingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home