Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Monday, October 23, 2006

White Chipotle Chili

I have been obsessed with Ruby Tuesday's White Chicken Chili. Everytime I go there I can't get anything but the chili and the salad bar. Yes, even during the summer. I've been on the prowl for a decent version of white chicken chili for a while now, and decided to give this recipe that I found on the weightwatchers boards a whirl.

White Chipotle Chili (6 servings at 5 points a piece)

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast -- diced and cooked
1 teaspoon onion powder
32 ounces fat-free chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
30 ounces white beans, canned -- rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro -- chopped

Add ingredients to 3 ½ quart or larger slow cooker, except cilantro. Cook on low at least 4 hours. Top with cilantro and serve.

Now granted this chili was not really like the chili at Ruby Tuesday's, but it was definitely good. I just now realized that I forgot to add the lime juice, so I wonder what kind of difference that would have made in the flavor. Honestly, this dish seemed to be more of a bean soup than a chili, but that's okay with me. The husband, though, isn't too much of a soup fan, so he basically just picked out the beans and chicken and avoided the broth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home