Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

It's been a while since I've done a pumpkin post, so I think it's definitely time for another one :) If I have time in the mornings, I like to throw something quick together like muffins so they can bake and make the house smell lovely while I get ready for work. I came across the recipe for these muffins on the weightwatchers boards a while back. I've been waiting to try them and I figured a nice worm spiced muffin would be perfect for the husband's birthday breakfast.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins (20 servings at 2 points a piece)


Ingredients:

1 box Spice Cake Mix
15 oz can of pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup water

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and water. Spread mixture into 20 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray or lined with paper cupcake cups. Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Muffins are done when toothpick comes out clean.

Nothing beats your house smelling like pumpkin spice. The smell is fantastic. When the husband and I tried these muffins they were still warm from just coming out of the oven, and they were the perfect consistency, not too dry and not too crumbly. You could really taste the pumpkin, which was nice, and the combination of the spices from the cake mix and the pumpkin spice mix is unbeatable. I think I may try to keep these ingredients on hand so I can make these a little more often. They made a superb breakfast, especially when paired with a glass of skim milk :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home