Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mexican Casserole

I found this recipe and thought it sounded pretty tasty.

Mexican Casserole (6 servings at 4 points a piece)

Ingredients:

3 cups canned pinto beans
3 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 envelope burrito seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup salsa
1 tsp olive oil

Directions:

1. Saute onion and pepper in olive oil until soft.
2. Add burrito seasoning and 1 1/2 cups water. Cook until thickened.
3. Mix in beans and heat through.
4. Place cooked rice, bean and vegetable mixture into slow cooker and add salsa. Cook for a few hours.

When I made this my pan couldn't hold all of the rice, so I just used 2 cups instead of three. The points shown however, are what I calculated using the full three cups. I also didn't bother with the slow cooker, opting instead to just cook it on the stove on low for a bit until I thought everything was heated through. Overall everything was pretty tasty, but this definitely isn't mine or the husband's favorite mexi-dish that I have prepared. But it's really simple and pretty quick, so it works if you need something in a jiffy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home