Cinnamon Dots

Food, Drink, Life

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Chicken Parmesan

I found this recipe at Spark People. I really liked the idea of a friendly Chicken Parmesan, so of course I tried it out.

Chicken Parmesan (serves 4 at 8 points a piece)

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Pam Olive Oil Spray
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup spaghetti sauce
8 oz. low fat mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1.) Preheat the oven to 350 F.

2.) Heat the sauce in the microwave or over the stove until hot.

3.) Pound the chicken breasts until they have a uniform thickness. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in pan over medium heat until hot. Saute the chicken breasts until cooked through and golden, about 5 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the other.

4.) Dip the chicken in the sauce and then add to a casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken and top with cheese. Bake the chicken in the oven until the cheese is melted.

This recipe was extremely simple to make, it didn't take much effort at all. The husband and I both enjoyed the sauciness and cheesiness of the recipe. It would also be great served over pasta, but I thought it was just fine on its own.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet that would be good over pasta...of course I always want to add carbs!

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    You aren't alone. I want to add carbs to everything too. They seem to make everything even more delicious.

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    I made this yesterday and my husband and I LOVED it!!!! We served it over chicken flavored couscous. So easy to make and is just delicious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home